Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reasons Not to Write a Blog/Intro

Top five reasons not to write a blog: 1. No one will read it (except my own mother ((love you Mom))). 2. Unintentionally rub people the wrong way (SPOILER ALERT: this is my blog and you will be subject to my opinions should you chose to continue). 3. Time consuming - do I really need another reason to sit in front of the computer? 4. Can't think of a catchy title. 5. How permanent are these things? Will my daughter be reading this in 16 years and have more reasons to be horribly embarrassed by her un-cool mom?

I've been considering writing a blog for almost a year now. My life has changed dramatically in the last 12 months which I'm sure to catch you up on throughout the posts. Most remarkably, I went from a career woman to a stay-at-home-MOM. Today marks my little one's 6 months on the Earth; and while she naps upstairs, I'm entering into the unknown... the world of blogs.

Being a new mom, my view on the world can shift on a dime as I experience things for the first time again through her eyes - or I see something that screams "Danger!" like never before (i.e. the IKEA metal lantern by the fireplace that she rolled into this morning). I posted something on FB recently about wanting to lose the baby weight and a quip on my distaste for raisins which garnered 28 or so comments (but who is counting)... so I thought... people might actually read what I write and find it mildly entertaining.

What to call my blog? Well, my universe now revolves around a little one I like to call Sophie. And her universe revolves around a rubber teething giraffe also named Sophie. It was the only thing I could think of on the fly, so, Sophie en Sophie was born.


What should you expect to read here, you ask? Good question. Expect the unexpected, I guess. Just my random thoughts as they come - daily, weekly, who knows. Please don't expect grammatically and punctually perfect prose (I promise to use the spell check though).

No comments:

Post a Comment