Monday, June 21, 2010

Be Here Now

Towards the end of my pregnancy, everyone under the sun began saying, "I bet you are SO ready to have that baby already!" Of course we were, and we just wanted to see the little hiccuping, kicking, squirming babe. I wasn't ready to wish away my last few weeks of quiet and unlimited opportunity to sleep and be alone with my husband, however. We did a really good job of spending QT together, traveling, eating out and being with friends. No regrets on our life pre-baby.

Much in the same way, after the birth everyone immediately asks, "When are you going to go for number two?" I looooove babies and I think Sophie is the tops, but I realize that even on my toughest day with her, that life will never ever be this easy again as we add to the Barber brood. I do not, for a second, want to wish away our sweet little simple life or to fast forward to when naps are predictable and she is walking and talking. So when her nap interferes with my lunch date, or she rejects the gym daycare, I try to just be here, now.


Be Here Now

Ray LaMontagne

Don't let your mind get weary and confused
You will be still, don't try
Don't let your heart get heavy child
Inside you there's a strength that lies

Don't let your soul get lonely child
It's only time, it will go by
Don't look for love in faces, places
It's in you, that's where you'll find kindness

Be here now, here now
Be here now, here now

Don't lose your faith in me and
I will try not to lose faith in you
Don't put your trust in walls
'Cause walls will only crush you when they fall

No comments:

Post a Comment