Friday, June 25, 2010

Lift Up Ellie


Words just can't even describe. But I'll try to, briefly.

Every neighborhood store, every mommy group, even the local Borders has put on events and fundraisers to raise the awareness of Ellie Potvin's battle with childhood cancer. I started following her story when I heard about the adorable headbands that were being made and sold locally to put money into Ellie's trust for exorbitant medical expenses. Yes, this story has a sad ending. Ellie got her angel wings earlier this week. Though I don't know the family and I never had the privilege to meet Ellie, I wanted to share her story because I have a feeling her family could use an extra prayer or two. There is even an address to send her surviving twin sister a card... which I WILL be doing this weekend. My love and prayers are with the Potvin's as they make it through the coming days and weeks and years without their beloved Ellie.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elliepotvin
http://www.liftupellie.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment