Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trumped

I looooooove going into the nursery to get Sophie first thing in the morning and after her naps. She is all smiles and giggles... it simply is the best.

Sometimes I let Maddox (her four-legged big sister) come with me to get Sophie. Now that we've lowered the mattress one notch, Maddox and Sophie are eye level and Maddox will slip her tongue through the crib slats to slather Sophie with big kisses and Sophie just laughs and laughs.

This morning I went in to get her (sounds of "mamamama" over the monitor melting me), anticipating the smiles meant only for this mommy, and beaming a little myself. I was trumped! She wouldn't even look at me, but scanned all around the crib for Maddox! I picked her up and planted a big kiss on each of her sweet cheeks and she nearly had whiplash from turning her head towards the door hoping to see the pup.
OK! I'll let Maddox come get you from now on. Let's see how well she picks you up, changes your diaper, makes you a bottle... might I remind you she doesn't even have opposable thumbs?

It was the first, but hardly the last, that mommy was passed over for something far more fun and exciting :( But I have to admit, I love how patient and sweet Maddox is with Sophie. They are my baby girls and they have a mutual adoration for each other.

An old picture, but just an example how Maddy is always watching over Sophie!

No comments:

Post a Comment