Friday, July 23, 2010

Organics on wheels

Really really really really excited about Absolute Organics! Just signed up for our first weekly box of USDA certified organic produce delivered free right to our door. I'm hoping this keeps me from buying the same.thing at the farmers market every.single.weekend. Will help me to try new recipes, too! The only down side is that it isn't all necessarily local produce. But the company that delivers all local produce has (obviously) less of a variety...

Anyhow I'll give it a few weeks and see how we like it! If anyone in Charlotte decides to give it a try, please put my name in the referral and then pay it forward.

Yesterday I made a giant batch of Sophie's favorite chicken dinner from my baby food cook book. The apples and sweet potatoes in it really help with that weird pureed chicken texture. And it's really good - so if I ever need my food pureed for any reason I hope someone makes it for me :)

UPDATED TO ADD::

We DO get local produce with Absolute Organics!! I'm SO excited for our first Tuesday delivery.

LOCAL tomatoes, yellow onions, lettuce, blueberries, red potatoes, white mushrooms and corn, and not local but still usda organic: kiwi, fuji apples and banana!!

4 comments:

  1. we're signed up for a local box here, but have to wait until someone cancels. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What baby cook book do you use? Do you make all of her food? Even if you only make some - I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, mom! Hope you get one soon!

    Vicki, yes! I use Top 100 Baby Purees, got it at www.buybuybaby.com and Super Baby Food which you can prob find anywhere. I make all of her food fresh and freeze in cute little trays, can send you more info if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we got our first box of DoorToDoorOrganics.com yesterday --- here we go with local and non lettuce, chard, beets, potatoes, tomatoes, summer squash, white nectarines, peaches, plums and strawberries!

    ReplyDelete