Friday, January 21, 2011

30 in 30 (and then some)

By now you are on the edge of your seat for my 30 in 30 list; I know, I know. You'll notice there are more than 30. I'm ambitious. And behind...

So without further ado - and in no particular order - here are the selections complete with Title, Author, and the woman who suggested the book to me. Anyone willing to read along with me?

Good Morning, Merry Sunshine, Bob Greene (Nancy)

Sarah's Key, Tatiana De Rosnay (Kelly)

Running With Scissors, Augusten Burroughs (Aarica)

To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee (Marcia)

Feel the Fear... and Do It Anyway, Suan Jeffers (Theresa)
*and if I have time, The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blue Planet Run, Rick Smollen (Lisa)

Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand (Lindy)
*and if I have time, Crossing to Safety, Wallace Stegner

The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren (Darra)
*and if I have time, The Love Dare, Stephen and Alex Kendrick

Promise Me: How a Sister's Love Launched the Global Movement to End Breast Cancer, Nancy G. Brinker (Kristin)

The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas (Christy)

Mother Teresa, No Greater Love, Thomas Moore (Margaret)

Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris (Amy)

The Five Love Languages, Gary Chapman (Elizabeth)

The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho (Courtney)

Something Borrowed, Emily Griffin (Leslie)
*and if I have time, Something Blue

Tales of a Female Nomad, Rita Goldman Gelman (Allyson)

Catcher In The Rye, JD Salinger (Heidi)

The Glass Castle, Jeanette Walls (Melanie)

Water For Elephants, Sara Gruen (Keri)

You Had Me At Woof, Julie Klam (Megan)

The Wedding, Nicholas Sparks (Carrie)

The Story of Edgar Sawtell, David Wroblewski (Rachel)

Hawaii, James A. Michener (Carol)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson (Jen)

It's Always Something, Gilda Radner(Kathy)
*and if I have time, Your One Year Old and Your Two Year Old, Louise Bates Ames

When You Reach Me, Rebecca Stead (Megan)

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Stieg Larsson (Lea)
*and if I have time, The Girl Who Played With Fire

Committed,
Elizabeth Gilbert (Penelope)

The Help,
Kathryn Stockett (Beverly)

Little Bee,
Chris Cleave (Allie)

The Last Lecture,
Randy Pausch - my own selection.

2 comments:

  1. Amy! I love it! All of these books are amazing and I plan to read with you the ones that I have not yet read. I have only read 9 of them and all the rest are on my list!!!!!

    Let's get to it. Kisses and hugs to you and Bryan and Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which 9 have you read? And which ones can I borrow? SO glad you want to join in the fun, and ps, get back to enjoying Morocco. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete