- Every single day I see the clock at 11:14 (which is my birthday).
- 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30. There, I said it. I'm turning 30 this year.
- I took my 1000th camera phone pic on the BB this past weekend.
- Stink turned 8 months today.
- My number 1 favorite artist released a new cd today. Go out and get it: Ray LaMontagne, God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise.
Big birthday plans this year! Planning is something I really enjoy and, boy, have I been planning for this one.
And maybe this is a surprise; maybe it's not: I'm not talking about a big blow-out expensive themed party. Nothing of the sort. I've been thinking a lot about the turn of three great decades, and ways I can challenge myself and/or give back to show appreciation and thanks for all that has been given to me over the past 29 years. In trying to identify some challenging tasks for myself to complete in my 30th year as a currently stay-at-home-mom, here were some of the ideas (that were tabled):
Give 30 pints of blood - well you can't do that in a year, because you wouldn't be, um, alive.
Have 30 kids - just call me Mrs. Duggar.
Run 30 races - I decided even I don't enjoy running that much.
Visit 30 states - not in the budget.
Sew 30 outfits for Sophie - she'll outgrow them in a matter of months, then they'll go in a storage box.
Sell 30 photographs and donate money to charity - haven't taken a sell-able photo in a lonnnng time.
So............ I know you are wondering. What is the big plan, then? STAY TUNED!
The 1000th picture taken with my camera phone.
Sophie shopping with Papa for some new scrubs.