Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Best $10

The best ten bucks I've spent in the last month was actually a Groupon purchase.



This Bikram Yoga is NO JOKE. It's unlike anything I've ever done. I hate it and love it at the same time. The lights are on, no music, no relaxing, lots of talking by the instructor. Oh, and the temperature is somewhere between 105 and 110 degrees. They actually call the classroom the "torture room." Leanbackfallbackwaybackbackbend! And release. Doesn't sound very zen, does it?

I get excited to go to class and excited when I'm walking back to the car (sometimes simply trying not to pass out). During the class I'm just trying not to look like a fool. There are lots of beginners - probably from the Groupon deal - and we all hang in the back of the room together.

The deal of the day was $20 for 20 Bikram Yoga 90 minute classes in Crestwood. I had $10 in Groupon bucks, so only had to pay $10 out of pocket. Not a bad deal for a stay at home mom that needs a little time away!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Would love to do this class with you, that's an amazing deal.
    Good for you, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Bikram is hardcore. Not for me, but I have friends who love it (I do Iyengar yoga). I always feel like an old woman when I say this, but be careful with Bikram. Don't push yourself too hard in that heat!
    Namaste. :)

    ReplyDelete