Saturday, April 21, 2012

Traveling with tykes



We try to travel light (yeah, right, Delta stole my wallet and $115 to check my bag), so here are my toiletry essentials from our most recent trip to Florida. Good thing I'm a big fat slacker when it comes to unpacking because I just tossed the whole bag right back in my luggage for our road trip this weekend! (Not pictured is our Purple Prairie sunscreen which was shipped to FL when we got there.)

Orajel Training Toothpaste & toothbrush
Up & Up Saline Spray: I have one labeled with an "S" and one with a "T" to keep their germies separate.
Up & Up Children's Motrin: for Sophie
Children's Tylenol: for Tucker
Exergen Temporal thermometer
Plastic syringe
Hair Bean: what can I say? One of the best stocking stuffers and detanglers.
Beadroux Butt Paste: or "bus pace" as Sophie calls it.
California Baby Deet-Free bug spray: you never know when you'll encounter mosquitos in the South.

I also made a quick trip to the pediatrician a few days before we left town to get the most up-to-date and accurate dosings for the kiddos specific to their weight for the pain relievers. Nothing like having a sick child (or a teething one) and being up at a random hour of the night trying to remember how much Tylenol they're allowed to have.

Interesting toiletry bag, right? I save these zipper pouches that usually come stuffed with pillow cases or sheets and use them for toiletries. Much better than my old method of plastic grocery bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment