Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Been a long time

I've missed you! Yes. I clicked on the "New Post" button. I've been thinking about this moment (and maybe even dreaming about it) for months. I have a lot of catching up to do. Since I am terrible at keeping baby books for my kids, this will have to suffice. And although I may not write often, I'm going to make a point to check in from time to time.

So, this isn't a promise-I'm-going-to-write-more and tell-you-wonderful-organic-products post,  it's more of a warning-I-might-be-writing-and-post-dating-some-things and who-knows-when-I'll-get-around-to-it.

Why today was so notable:

Sophie's use of the word "Scrubbly." I don't know what it means, but when I tried to use it in the context of "get your scrubbly little toes in these here socks," she was really offended.

Had a delicious hot meal for lunch that someone else made for me (hands in the air!). That's right, a delicious pear and goat cheese sandwich and homemade soup with my MIL.

I tried to take a nap today. Sophie dodged a nap today. Hubs worked from home and then wanted to chat/paint the new office. Dogs jumped up in the bed. All of these things equals no nap - a sign of the times to come.

Today I learned that paraffin candles are toxic. And that I can hand-make wool dryer balls with essential oils (coach me, Margaret!) that are safe and effective and they're going to kick the box of dryer sheets straight to the curb!

The last time Tucker was given a bottle was on Sunday. Today (Wednesday - four days later) he chugged his almond and rice milk combo from a sippy cup three times. THREE times in one day. Small victories.

And speaking of victories, dinner was a champion. Sophie was coaxed into eating, and Tucker had two helpings of: organic chicken, organic spinach, organic quinoa, garlic and crushed tomatoes - and each had a giant helping of organic kiwi. Hubby and I had the same, plus sauteed shredded Brussels sprouts (yes, you can buy them shredded, who knew) with balsamic vinegar.

So, in the mean time, between these insightful posts (which, you're on the edge of your seat for the next one, right?) if you don't already, you can keep up to date with me on Instagram: amybb80 Thanks for hanging in, checking in, leaving comments, and drinking wine. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment