Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Getting harder

This is when it starts to get tough.

I thought having a baby was a really hard job. Like, needed lots of help and lots of breaks kind of hard.

Lately I've been reminding myself that I've had it really easy. Kids that sleep pretty well, two in diapers, two in cribs, two that do almost exactly what I want them to. Two naps that coincide in the afternoon (sometimes three, depending on how exhausted I am!).

Now we're talking big girl beds, potty training and back to school. Sophie is aware now when someone is being not-so-nice to her, and her feelings and thoughts are advancing at warp speed. She is more conscious of the people around her and changes her behavior accordingly. Questions are no longer appeased with "well, because mommy said so," she wants more information.

Sophie came home from school last week and within 24 hours used these three words for the first time:

Ugly
Fat
Stinky

I know she'll be exposed to way worse than ugly, fat and stinky in her lifetime, but where did that little bubble go that she used to live in? I'd like it back, please. And while we're at it, I'd like to Tucker to keep babbling baby nonsense, worming across the floor and being easily entertained. Mmm-kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment