Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter recap

We're kind of having an amazing day. Is it too soon to say that? Am I going to jinx our afternoon? The day started with a bath and blowing bubbles in Sophie's room because of a early diaper explosion. Then she ate all but six bites of a breakfast quesadilla (have I professed my love for quesadillas yet?) that was packed full of red pepper, zuchinni, spinach and onion. We went to the gym for over an hour (there were tears when I left, but smiles when I came back!), story time at the library, had lunch,went for a quick walk and played "OW-SY" all before noon nap time!

This is all quite remarkable coming off the week/weekend that just passed. Sophie had a 2-hour tummy bug, Yaya got it, Dada got it, and Mommy had it the worst. I was completely out of commission for almost two days. Good thing we were in Florida with more people around to help take care of little stink. Before I got sick though we had an eventful trip! Here are some pictures of Sophie's first REAL beach outing at Pensacola Beach.

Getting brave!

Snack time (again!), the sun made her extra hungry!

Sophie's sweet friend Harper, in her fashionable Lilly suit!


Easter Sunday I was almost on my death bed, but I rallied to get through an Easter Egg hunt and some service music at church before we had to head home again. As much as I couldn't stomach anything more than Gatorade, I couldn't stomach the idea of missing her first Easter Egg hunt!

Getting started.

Eggs!

Gimme back my eggs!

She didn't quite grasp the concept of putting her eggs
in the basket. She insisted on holding them (which you could
guess results in not collecting many eggs!).


1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Your blog and pictures evoke very rich memories of a not so little girl I know and love. I may not comment very much, but from time to time I peek in to see the adventures of Sophie. Isn't discovering life wonderful! Do take care all of you.

    ReplyDelete