Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sophie smoothie

I feel like I start, and subsequently erase, so many posts about what Sophie is eating. Get excited folks because I'm not going to erase this one.

To date, we've cut out 90% of dairy from her diet (I allow 10% because of eating cheese quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches when we go to a restaurant... those are always winners). Well, those of you out there with kids know that dairy is a staple of every meal, so I have to get creative sometimes to make her a tasty snack. Enter: Sophie smoothie.

Sophie Smoothie
1/2 Cup organic silken tofu
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 ripe banana
1/2 Cup chopped cantaloupe (frozen for extra chill/thickness)
1 Tablespoon organic ground flax seed

Blend all ingredients until desired texture. I added a few Tablespoons of rice milk to thin it out a little - that way it could be enjoyed with a straw! It tastes like a traditional yogurt smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment