Sunday, April 3, 2011

An overnight with Seniorita Stinky Pants

Friday afternoon, Bryan, Seniorita Stinky Pants and I headed to Clemson, SC for Bryan's first half-marathon. I booked suites at two different hotels, unsure of which had the better setup for 7pm sleeping baby and parents that weren't yet ready to call it a night.

Luckily a childhood friend offered up her amazing, fully furnished 4 bedroom home that is on the market, while she and her family have relocated up north. What a perfect setup: Sophie had her own floor and a thousand toys for entertainment (and bonus, Bryan and I didn't have to put her to bed and stare at a hotel ceiling).

Bryan, aka Baby Daddy, doesn't get a lot of face time on my motherhood blog. Without him though, none of this fabulous mommy stuff would be possible. He is always up to some new challenge, new sport, new hobby, and I love how he keeps me on my toes! Hot off the press, his latest adventure was his first half-marathon. Bryan ran faster than he did in any training run, and surpassed his own expectations! I'm so proud of you, beb!

Here is my photo journal of the day:


Setting his watch at the start line.

In a dead sprint to the finish line!

Now that is a photo finish. Kisses from his sweet.

Collecting his awards for 2nd place in his age group!

Stinky Pants herself, in the Easter egg hunt.

We had a great overnight experience, largely in part to a generous friend. I'm so proud of Bryan for accomplishing yet another personal goal! Hope you had a great weekend, too.

1 comment:

  1. What an accomplishment Bryan. Way to go! Glad you all had a good weekend. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete