Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Birth of a nursery

This nursery has been a labor of love, for sure. I've spent many hours on little projects, picking through stores and furniture, and picking paint from my hands and fingernails. It's still simple and sweet though - it's hard to over-do-it when you don't know the sex!

We completed this nursery on a serious budget, and we left out some things that we can still do later. For example I really wanted tall bookshelves flanking either side of the crib, but for now the space is occupied with a glider and a bouncy seat. We have already started enjoying the room, hanging out in there after putting Sophie to bed at night. Hope you enjoy, too!


BEFORE:

Bedroom #4, before we purchased the house.

Dresser we scored at a local consignment shop.

The priming begins!

A craft project/mobile that I found on Pinterest.*
*Not pictured: my arthritic hands after cutting out 10,000 circles.

Mobile before I put it all together.

Maternity photoshoot - my favorite shot.
The photographer was free, but I had to carry his baby. :)
I borrowed the cardi from my high school senior brother-in-law!

AFTER:

Jenny Lind crib from Craigslist, sleepsheep from Sophie's nursery,
repurposed picture frames from college that I crackled painted
(two frames are waiting for pictures of new baby),
bumper was a gift from Yaya and Grampa.

The finished consignment store dresser!

Bassinet from Sophie's nursery (yes, it's staying pink for now)
(from my brother's nursery)
(from my nursery)
(from my Dad's nursery). It is very old!

Bicycle photo I took in high school during a trip to New Orleans,
old window is from the first house we owned in Charlotte,
houndstooth lamp from Homegoods,
yellow/grey piggy bank a gift from the Flemings.

IF baby Barber is a boy, we have some cute
boy clothes on standby. This was one of my brother's baby outfits!


1 comment:

  1. Amy, this is a precious nursery! I'm a sucker for DIY craftiness and anything this cute :) Totally Pinterest-worthy (my highest possible compliment!) - Meg

    ReplyDelete