Sunday, February 20, 2011

Old things

I love old things. Just before we left for Hawaii, I received a big box in the mail from my Mother's cousin. I had been anticipating the arrival of said box for a few days and couldn't wait to reveal the contents to Bryan and Sophie.

We are now the proud owners of my Grandmother Sophie's first doll. The antique doll is approximately 91 years old, and still wearing the dress that was hand made for her by Grandmother Sophie's older sisters. There is still a note pinned under her skirt (handwritten by my Great-Aunt Dora) naming the doll as Sophie's.

The doll was last appraised for several hundred dollars a few years ago - not that this is something I could ever part with for sentimental reasons. She is in great condition and we are so happy a family member found her and wanted to share her with baby Sophie!


No comments:

Post a Comment